Moeur Building, Arizona State University - Tempe AZ
The Moeur Building was built in 1939 by the Works Projects Administration (WPA).
It is the only adobe building on campus and the design is Southwest (Pueblo) Revival. The exterior is intact and well maintained, and there is a WPA stamp on the front steps (though no plaque or cornerstone). The interior beyond the lobby appears to have been modernized (but this need corroboration).
The building is named after Benjamin Baker Moeur, M.D., who served as the official physician for the Arizona Territorial Normal School (now Arizona State University) and served two terms as governor of Arizona.
Today, the Moeur Building houses the Mars Space Flight Facility.
National Archives, RG 69 Records of the Work Projects Administration, “Information Service (Primary) File, 1936-1942”
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee on May 21, 2013.
Additional contributions by Richard A Walker.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE