“The late Eugene L. Roberts began using the area of Aspen Grove for the starting point of the annual Timp Hike in 1911, first linking Brigham Young University (BYU) with Aspen Grove… About 10 years later, the Stewart family donated approximately 35 acres of this land to BYU. In 1922, BYU scheduled the Alpine Summer School at Aspen Grove.” (http://aspen.byu.edu)
During the New Deal, “In cooperation with BYU, the CCC installed 5,000 feet of pipe for a new sprinkling system.” (http://historytogo.utah.gov)
Project originally submitted by Andrew Laverdiere on April 22, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE