Aerial of Aspen Grove Family Camp - Mt Timpanogos UTBYU Aspen Grove Family Camp
In 1933-34, the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) made improvements at the Aspen Grove Family Camp owned by Brigham Young University. The Aspen Grove camp was established after land was donated to Brigham Young University in 1921 and BYU started an Alpine Summer Camp there in 1922. (http://aspen.byu.edu)
Working with BYU, the CCC enrollees planted lawns and installed 5,000 feet of pipe for a new sprinkling system, plus adding parking spaces, stoves, campsites and a new trail (Baldridge, p. 309).
The CCC enrollees worked out of Camp F-5 at Granite Flat (Baldridge, p. 309).
The exact location and survival of these improvements is unknown to us.
Baldridge, Kenneth. 2019. The Civilian Conservation Corps in Utah. Salt Lake City: University of Utah Press.
Roper, Roger. CCC Database. Utah State Historic Preservation Office. 3-29-2021.
Project originally submitted by Andrew Laverdiere on April 22, 2014.
Additional contributions by Richard A Walker.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE