"Originally called Artesia Memorial Hospital when built in 1939 by WPA/PWA funds, it is still in use today. Additions were made in the early 1940's and the most recent renovations and additions finalized in the mid 1960's."
-Treasures on New Mexico Trails
Flynn, Kathryn A., editor. Treasures on New Mexico Trails: discovery of New Deal art and architecture. New Mexico State Historic Preservation Division, 1995. Pg. 35. "New Deal Sites in New Mexico," Atlas of Historic New Mexico Maps, New Mexico Humanities Council. <http://atlas.nmhum.org/atlas.php?gmap=42> New Mexico Chapter of the National New Deal Preservation Association <http://newdeallegacy.org/State_Sites2/New_Mexico.htm>
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE