The historic armory in Somerville, New Jersey was the recipient of WPA improvement efforts. As per project descriptions: “Improvements to Armory;” “Replacing concrete floor paint walls, replace plumbing fixtures and paint floors, in Armory.”
The structure, which was located on the east site of Grove St. between Main St. and High St., served from 1910 to 1999.
Nationwide Context, Inventory, and Heritage Assessment of Works Progress Administration and Civilian Conservation Corps Resources on Department of Defense Installations, July 2009 (page C-113).
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on February 23, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE