Allentown ArmoryFrom the northeast
The Pennsylvania National Guard armory building at W Allen St. and 15th St. in Allentown was originally constructed in the late 1930s as a New Deal project. The Public Works Administration (PWA) provided a $40,000 grant for the project, whose total cost was $122,779. Primary construction occurred in 1936-7. PWA Docket No. [W]1847.
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 36.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on March 22, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE