Entrance, Irish Hall, Arizona State University - Tempe AZ
In 1940, the Works Program Administration (WPA) constructed the dormitory complex called Irish Hall on the south side of the campus of what was then the Arizona State Normal School, now Arizona State University. Irish Hall consists of three separate wings (A, B & C buildings) around a courtyard.
The buildings are plain, two-story Moderne style structures with horizontal streamlining and metal frame windows. They still function as dormitories (which means that today access is closed to the public). There is a WPA plaque in the entrance way.
Project originally submitted by Richard Walker on November 2, 2019.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE