Anna Miller Museum
“The Anna Miller Museum, a place where you can walk back in time and relive the old west. Built in the 1930’s, the museum was originally a WPA project for Company A, 115th Cavalry, Wyoming National Guard. Many long, hard hours were spent constructing the building out of 18 inch hand-hewn sandstone blocks, quarried from nearby Salt Creek.
The museum was named for Anna C. ( McMoran) Miller, the daughter of a pioneer family, and widow of Sheriff Billy Miller who was killed in what is known as the last Indian battle in this area.
In cooperation with School District #1 and Upton School District #7 the museum provides exhibits and other educational services for use in the elementary and secondary schools in Wyoming. The museum maintains an active presence in the community as a teaching institution.” (http://newcastlewyo.com)
National Archives, RG 69 Records of the Work Projects Administration, “Information Service (Primary) File, 1936-1942.” http://newcastlewyo.com/newc/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19&Itemid=58
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee - wpatoday.org on May 22, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE