“A. H. Stephens Historic Park contains tent and trailer sites, picnic sites, and fishing ponds, as well as a nature trail and rustic cabins, and was mostly built by the Civilian Conservation Corps, beginning in 1933.” (wikipedia)
The park “is located in a beautiful loblolly pine forest planted in the early 1930’s by the CCC.” (http://www.reserveamerica.com)
The WPA also worked in the park.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE