5th Avenue Bridge
Constructed with Public Works Administration (PWA) funds in 1936, the 5th Avenue Bridge spanned Pigeon Creek, south of Diamond Ave, though it is no longer extant.
It was a modified parker truss bridge, polygonal top chords, lacks cross diagonals in the center two bays, instead the laterals in these two bays form a diamond, cement deck with floor beams and stringers and bottom lateral bracing, sidewalk decks cantilevered out on both sides.
DNR Historic Site and Structures Inventory; Knox Co Interim Report
Project originally submitted by Indiana DNR, Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology on September 8, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE