Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the U.S. Post Office and Courthouse in San Juan was built in 1914 with a New Deal-era addition constructed in 1940. “The U.S. Post Office and Courthouse in San Juan, Puerto Rico… read more
The Great Falls Post Office and Courthouse was built in 1912. It was designed by James Knox Taylor and reflects Late 19th and 20th Century Revivals architecture and Second Renaissance Revival architecture. A New Deal extension was completed in 1938… read more
Designed by Henry O. Whitfield in 1915, the U.S. Post Office and Office Building underwent a large expansion during the New Deal. “In 1936 the Treasury Department designed two 3-story wing additions for the main (south) side of the building…. read more
Cleveland’s historic University Center Station post office was constructed with federal funds in 1935-6. Designed by R. Stanley-Brown, the building houses examples of New Deal artwork.
St. Louis’s historic University Station post office was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds during the Great Depression. The building was completed in 1938 and is still in use today. A New Deal mural, “The Louisiana Purchase Exposition,” hangs inside.
Morton’s historic former post office building was constructed in 1937 with federal Treasury Department funds. The building, which housed an example of New Deal artwork (since relocated), served as a post office until the 1970s. It now serves as the… read more
Originally the post office, this building was constructed under Treasury Department supervision during the New Deal: “The Wappingers Falls Post Office is an architecturally and historically significant public building, deriving exceptional significance from the role that President Franklin D. Roosevelt… read more
Naperville’s historic Washington Street Station post office was constructed as the city’s main post office in 1939-40. The post office now occupies space in the south side of the building, believed to be a later addition; a bank occupies the… read more
“The three-story Italian Renaissance Revival style building was constructed as a post office in 1918. James A. Wetmore served as the supervisory architect. The walls are of Indiana limestone, and the tall first floor windows are set in rounded arches…. read more
This US Treasury building replaced the old building in 1938. Both buildings are now part of the Wenatchee Valley Museum. “As a Depression era public works project, the proposal for replacing the old Federal building drew considerable attention from the… read more
What is now known as the William H. Natcher U.S. Courthouse in Bowling Green, Kentucky was constructed as the United States Post Office and Courthouse in 1940-1. Construction was funded by the Treasury Department. The building also houses New Deal… read more