Fellsway Police Station-Area Improvements – Medford MA

Description of a project undertaken by the W.P.A. in 1937: “Fellsway Police Station; the area adjacent to the police station on Fellsway West in Medford was developed by the completion of a project started in 1936. A large baseball field… read more

Fort Lewis College, Old Fort Lewis Campus – Hesperus CO

The main campus of Fort Lewis College was moved to Durango, Colorado in 1956, but before then it was located at this site, 16 miles southwest of Durango on what was originally a military site, then a boarding school for… read more

High School (demolished) – Auburn MA

The former high school in Auburn, Massachusetts was constructed with the assistance of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. “For the past two decades, the increasing cost of tuition and transportation of pupils to Worcester caused agitation for an Auburn… read more

Inwood Hill Park Improvements – New York NY

During the Great Depression, the WPA radically transformed this large park at the Northwest tip of Manhattan, making accessible what is now the only largely non-landscaped park in all of Manhattan. WPA workers built roads, trails and overlooks throughout the… read more

Jackie Robinson Park – New York NY

The spacious Jackie Robinson Park in Harlem, originally called Colonial Park and known for many years as Bradhurst Park, first opened in 1911, but was only fully developed under the New Deal. When the Department of Parks announced the planned… read more