Castro County Courthouse – Dimmitt TX

The current Castro County Courthouse was constructed in large part with labor provided by the federal Works Progress Administration (WPA). Text from the state historical marker reads: “This site was set aside as the Dimmitt town square in 1891, the… read more

Collin County Jail Remodel – McKinney TX

Collin County Jail was erected in 1880. The two-story Collin County Jail features quarry-faced, ashlar limestone masonry construction and exhibits detailing and massing characteristic of the High-Victorian Italianate style. Two-tiered pilasters mark the slightly projecting central bay. This bay features… read more

D.C. Workhouse and Reformatory Historic District Improvements – Washington DC

The Civil Works Administration and the Public Works Administration (PWA) completed improvements at the District of Columbia Reformatory and Workhouse (today’s “D.C. Workhouse and Reformatory Historic District”) between 1933 and 1940. “During the latter part of December 1933 an appropriation was obtained… read more

East Hall (Isolation Building, former Florida Industrial School for Girls)- Ocala FL

The facility now known as East Hall was originally constructed as the “Isolation Building” for Florida Industrial School for Girls, a reformatory. It was constructed in 1936 as a New Deal-aided project. The Public Works Administration (PWA) supplied a $27,727… read more