CCC Co. 1543 abandoned their campsite and relocated to Turkey Run in 1934. FERA workers seeded the abandoned campsite and WPA laborers salvaged the lumber. Some remaining evidence of the CCC Camp include rock walls, ditches, and concrete foundations.
CCC Camp SP-1, 1191 was established in Macedonia Brook State Park in 1935. The CCC “did much site development here in the 1930s, including construction of a pavilion and a carriage road with massive retaining walls constructed without mortar.” (www.townofkentct.org)… read more
In 1933, the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) built the Recreation Center at McCormick’s Creek State Park. The building served as the CCC’s Camp 589 Recreation Hall. After the CCC vacated the camp, a WPA project adapted it into a nature museum in… read more
Medicine Lake National Wildlife Refuge is located in northeastern Montana between the Missouri River and the Canadian border. Medicine Lake NWR encompasses 31,702 acres and consists of the 28,438-acre north tract, which includes Medicine Lake, and seventeen smaller water units…. read more
The Civilian Conservation Corps (C.C.C.) developed Tucumcari Metropolitan Park, a.k.a. Five Mile Park, in Tucumcari, New Mexico. “At one time Tucumcari Metropolitan Park had the largest outdoor pool in the entire state of New Mexico, a playground with lots of equipment,… read more
The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) built Camp Nicholas P-53 in the Monongahela National Forest. Pictured are CCC crews carrying out construction activities in 1935.
The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) built camp barracks in the Monongahela National Forest, in 1933. Pictured are CCC crews and barracks under construction photographed by E.S. Shipp in September 1933. This is likely Camp Nicholas P-53.
The Civilian Conservation Corps built a road in the Monongahela National Forest. The company likely belonged to Camp Nicholas P-53.
The US Bureau of Reclamation built the Moon Lake Reclamation Project in 1935-41, with the assistance of the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC). It provides irrigation water for the the Moon Lake Water Users Association in the Duchesne Valley of northeastern Utah…. read more
Extensive remnants of Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) camp, constructed between 1933 and 1938; concrete foundations, roadbeds, ditches, excavations- overgrown and with a more recent pared road bisecting the area. This site encompasses a larger area and more extensive remnants than… read more
The CCC conducted extensive work on Mount Greylock State Reservation between 1933 and 1942. From the Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs: “The Mount Greylock Summit, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, contains an exceptional collection… read more
Mount Rainier was the nation’s fifth National Park, established 1899. During the Great Depression the New Deal’s Civilian Conservation Corps greatly aided the park’s development. NPS.gov: “The Civilian Conservation Corps was busily building and repairing park lands and structures from… read more
The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC)’s Camp Fernow, which housed Company #183, was stationed at Natchaug State Forest in Eastford, Connecticut. The camp was established June 29, 1933 and was discontinued May 28, 1941. Among other projects independently listed on other pages,… read more
The Civilian Conservation Corps (C.C.C.)’s Camp Graves operated between May 27, 1933 and April 22, 1936 at Nipmuck State Forest in Union, Connecticut. Among the C.C.C. accomplishments were “8 miles of truck trails” and “fire suppression on the Connecticut—Massachusetts border.”… read more
The campsite is marked primarily by low stone walls and scattered foundations. The camp was occupied in December of 1934 by Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) Co. 517, which was comprised of young African-American boys. Upon completion of their work, the… read more
Numerous New Deal agencies had a tremendous impact on the development of Ocmulgee National Monument, the site of pre-Columbian southeastern settlement dating back millennia. “The largest dig ever conducted in this country occurred here at Ocmulgee and the surrounding area…. read more
According to the Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, “After the state acquired the land, it was reforested with groves of pines which were planted by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930s. The CCC also built the… read more
The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) maintained a camp at Pactola Lake SD from 1933 to 1940. It was designated Camp F-4 and worked under the supervision of the US Forest Service. Recruits at Camp F-4 worked chiefly in the Black… read more
Paris Mountain State Park was developed in large part by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC). “CCC structures, including the Camp Buckhorn lodge, are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.” The state park on Paris Mountain was built in… read more
“Conservation efforts began in the river valley in 1907 when the Patapsco State Forest Reserve was established. During the Depression years of the 1930s, President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) planted trees and built trails, picnic areas, campsites… read more
The CCC worked to develop Pittsfield State Forest during the 1930s. From BerkshireWeb.com: “In the 1930s, the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) planted large tracts of spruce and red pine on the former grazing land. They also constructed roads, dams, and… read more