Allison Ranger Station, Snow Mountain Ranger District – Malheur National Forest OR

Located in the Snow Mountain Ranger District of the Malheur National Forest (transferred from the Ochoco National Forest in 2003), the Allison Ranger Station can be described as historically  significant given its age and continuous use in the administration of… read more

Anacostia Park: Improvements – Washington DC

Anacostia Park - Washington DC

Anacostia Park is one of Washington DC’s two largest parks and recreation areas, along with Rock Creek Park.  It covers over 1200 acres along the Anacostia River from South Capitol Street SE to the Maryland boundary in NE.  The New… read more

Blue Hills Reservation – Milton MA

The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC), Civil Works Administration (CWA), and Works Progress Administration (WPA) conducted extensive development work at Massachusetts’s Blue Hills Reservation. Massachusetts Metropolitan District Commission annual reports detail the work of the CCC over time. 1933 report: “In the latter… read more

Breakheart Reservation – Saugus MA

The Civilian Coservation Corps (C.C.C.) was active at the Breakheart Reservation in Saugus, Mass. 1934 Metropolitan District Commission annual report: “Under Chapter 338, Acts of 1934, the Commission were authorized to purchase about 650 acres of land in Saugus and Wakefield,… read more

Burlingame State Park – Charlestown RI

“During the 1930s, taking advantage of the public works programs offered by the Depression-era New Deal, Burlingame became home to the 141st Company of the Civilian Conservation Corps. It was the first, the state headquarters, and one of five such… read more

Camp Sisters Improvements – Camp Sherman OR

CCC Camp Sisters

The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) Camp Sisters (F-110, Company #1454) at Camp Sherman, Oregon operated near the headwaters of the Metolius River in Jefferson County from 1933 to 1942. It was just one of the average 60 CCC camps that… read more

Cape Creek CCC Camp (Former) – Yachats OR

On April 5th, 1933, the day that the executive order forming the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) was signed, officials of the U.S. Forest Service announced that they would select land near Cape Perpetua for one of the largest of the… read more

Cape Perpetua Campground – Yachats OR

Adjacent to Cape Creek at the foot of Cape Perpetua, the Cape Perpetua Campground marks the site of the original Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) camp in this part of the Siuslaw National Forest. A small crew of CCC workers lived… read more

Cape Perpetua Scenic Area – Yachats OR

The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) established a camp in 1933 at the foot of Cape Perpetua and occupied the site until WWII. The men completed several projects in the area currently known as the Cape Perpetua Scenic Area, including the… read more

CCC Camp – Valentine NE

The Omaha World-Herald announced in the June 13, 1933 edition that Nebraska’s sixth Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) Camp was approved in Washington D.C. and that it would be located near Valentine. Officials arrived in September to make arrangements for the… read more