The Treasury Department funded the construction of the United States Post Office in Jacksonville TX. The building is now the Landmark Event Center. The 1933 Jacksonville Post Office is a significant example of the small town post office designs produced by… read more
Cleveland’s historic University Center Station post office was constructed with federal funds in 1935-6. Designed by R. Stanley-Brown, the building houses examples of New Deal artwork.
St. Louis’s historic University Station post office was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds during the Great Depression. The building was completed in 1938 and is still in use today. A New Deal mural, “The Louisiana Purchase Exposition,” hangs inside.
Morton’s historic former post office building was constructed in 1937 with federal Treasury Department funds. The building, which housed an example of New Deal artwork (since relocated), served as a post office until the 1970s. It now serves as the… read more
Originally the post office, this building was constructed under Treasury Department supervision during the New Deal: “The Wappingers Falls Post Office is an architecturally and historically significant public building, deriving exceptional significance from the role that President Franklin D. Roosevelt… read more
Naperville’s historic Washington Street Station post office was constructed as the city’s main post office in 1939-40. The post office now occupies space in the south side of the building, believed to be a later addition; a bank occupies the… read more
“The three-story Italian Renaissance Revival style building was constructed as a post office in 1918. James A. Wetmore served as the supervisory architect. The walls are of Indiana limestone, and the tall first floor windows are set in rounded arches…. read more
This US Treasury building replaced the old building in 1938. Both buildings are now part of the Wenatchee Valley Museum. “As a Depression era public works project, the proposal for replacing the old Federal building drew considerable attention from the… read more
What is now known as the William H. Natcher U.S. Courthouse in Bowling Green, Kentucky was constructed as the United States Post Office and Courthouse in 1940-1. Construction was funded by the Treasury Department. The building also houses New Deal… read more
The Yamhill County Clerk building in McMinnville, Oregon was originally constructed as the town’s post office with funds from the Treasury Department during the New Deal. The building was completed in late 1935. The cornerstone has been altered to remove… read more