Central Islip State Hospital Improvements – Central Islip NY

The no-longer-extant Central Islip State Hospital “was the largest psychiatric institution ever to exist in the United States.” Two WPA projects at the hospital involved the following: 1. “Painting brick walls of various buildings of [the] institution, $23,557.” 2. “Removal… read more

Charles A. Lindbergh State Park: Lindbergh House – Little Falls MN

According to the Minnesota Historical Society: “By the 1930s, the boyhood home of famous aviator Charles A. Lindbergh had been badly damaged by souvenir-hunters. In 1936, the WPA began restoration of the house, which, along with the adjoining farmland, had… read more