The historic Northgate Station post office was constructed from 1936-7 with federal Treasury Department funds. The building, which housed an example of New Deal artwork, is still in service.
Originally the Columbia post office, when the post office moved to Walnut St, the building was converted into the Federal Building, then became the Youzeum, and now is the office for the nursing program at Columbia College. There were 2… read more
One-story brick Colonial Revival building, rectangular in shape, on raised basement. Limestone pilasters with Doric capitals surround windows and door in center of facade. Interior of the building is largely intact, including original brass post office boxes.
The historic former Palmer Square post office in Princeton, New Jersey, was constructed in 1934. It was originally Princeton’s main post office. Now, the building is privately owned. The building contains an example of New Deal artwork, “a controversial 1939… read more
“Constructed as a post office in 1938, the Donald J. Pease Federal Building now houses the U.S. Court of Appeals. The red brick building is located at the northeast corner of Liberty and North Elmwood streets.”
Constructed by the Treasury Department and the PWA from 1933-35. A 1933 article in the Suffolk County News described the PWA allotments for this and other nearby post offices: “Actual allotments for post office buildings in Nassau and Suffolk Counties,… read more
The historic Planetarium Station post office in New York, New York is located on West 83rd Street, between Amsterdam Ave. and Columbus Ave. It was one of many post offices in Manhattan constructed with federal Treasury Department funds during the New… read more
This large 1910 Treasury Department-funded building, located at Walnut St. and 2nd Ave. in downtown Des Moines, underwent an extension during the New Deal. At the time the structure was a federal building and housed post office operations. The building… read more
Allentown’s main post office building was constructed in 1933-4 with Treasury Department funds. Deco details abound, and the building houses a substantial set of murals commissioned by the Treasury Section of Fine Arts. “Built in 1933-1934, the Allentown Post Office’s… read more