Batch field house was built in 1936 with the aid of the Public Works Administration (PWA). Set against the football stadium, it is part of the larger University of Colorado athletic complex and still actively used for intramural sports. “The… read more
A Women’s Club building was added to the campus of the University of Colorado in 1937, paid for by the federal Public Works Administration (PWA). “Before the construction of the new women’s club, the University of Colorado had no suitable… read more
The library of the University of Colorado was built with financial aid from the Public Works Administration (PWA) in 1939. It is still actively in use.
Built in 1937 by the Works Progress Administration (WPA), the University’s Henderson Building houses the Museum of Natural History. The building cost nearly $200,000 to build, including furnishings. In 1951, the building was named in honor of Judge Junius Henderson,… read more
Completed by the Works Progress Administration (WPA) in 1939, the Mary Rippon Outdoor theater is located on the University of Colorado campus between the Henderson Building (see post on Henderson Building) and the Hellems Art and Sciences Building. Mary Rippon is… read more