The “Great Men of Medicine” depicted in this New Deal fresco of nine 1′ x 1′ panels include Pare (shown in photo), Pasteur, Darwin, Lister, Jenner, Koch, Virchow, Melpighi, and Harvey. The frescoes were painted by Edwin Boyd Johnson in… read more
This 8′ x 12′ mural “Map of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign” was painted by Rainey Bennett in 1938, with the help of Federal Art Project funds.
This mosaic mural “Signs of the Zodiac and Heavenly Bodies” was created by John Stephan in 1936 with the help of WPA Federal Art Project funds.
These two limestone sculptures “Asclepius” and “Hygeia” were created by Edouard Chassaing in 1938 with the help of WPA Federal Art Project funds.
This 3’6″ x 5′ sculpture entitled the “Spirit of Medicine Warding Off Disease” was created with Federal Art Project funds and has been relocated multiple times.
This mural of oil washes and casein tempera on multiple glass panes depicts “The History of Anatomy.” It was painted by artists Rainey Bennett and Ralph Graham with the help of Federal Art Project funds in 1938. It was restored… read more