The Annex contains a 1937 WPA fresco, “A Dissertation on Alchemy”, by Reuben Kadish and Urban Neininger. The fresco is 9′ x 11′ and is located in the stairwell in the northeast corner of the Woods Hall Annex.
San Francisco State University (then, the Normal School) moved here from its original location at Powell and Clay Streets after the 1906 earthquake. In 1936, the Woods Hall Annex science building was completed in the Northwest corner of the campus… read more
The WPA contracted an Italian mosaic setter for this project to teach Albro and other involved artists how to work with marble mosaics. The mosaic was built over the main entrance to Woods Hall. Unfortunately the mosaic appears to have… read more
This WPA angel fresco sits in the Richardson Hall administration building at the Southwest corner of the campus at Hermann and Laguna. With the recent plans for demolition, parts of the building have been demolished and access to this fresco… read more