Murals by Dorothy Pucinelli and Helen Forbes adorn the interior of the Mothers Building at the SF Zoo which was originally built in 1925 as a refuge for mothers and their children. Pucinelli and Forbes used egg tempera to paint… read more
‘Work consisted of grading 114,600 cubic yards for underground pump house, underpass, paths, paddocks, lakes and lagoons; placing 6,600 cubic yards of red rock surfacing on paths; building 123,000 square feet of rustic rubble face to slopes of paths; spreading… read more
The Works Progress Administration (WPA) constructed the stone gateway and wall, of the San Francisco Zoo.
The Works Progress Administration built the Monkey Island at the San Francisco Zoo in San Francisco CA.
Sisters Helen, Margaret and Esther Bruton created two mosaics for the exterior of the San Francisco Zoo’s Mothers Building in 1934. The mosaics depict “Children and Their Animal Friends” and “St. Francis.”