Originally the San Francisco Aquatic Park, this area is now officially the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park. The Park’s distinctive streamline moderne style WPA building (pictured below) stands at the foot of Polk Street. It was originally built as… read more
Sargent Johnson created this two part project “Sea Forms” for the WPA “comprised of a 30 feet long, 14 feet high greenish-gray slate facade titled, Sea Forms, that was placed over the main entrance to the Maritime Museum on Polk… read more
Beniamino Bufano created two sculptures for the Maritime Museum in 1942 with funding from the WPA Federal Art Project. “Seal” is a red granite sculpture, and “Animal” a black one.
"Psychological Color Chart; Dr. Oswald's Color Solid" (1940), oil on canvas, is in the west wing.