Built by the PWA in 1936 as the main building of its institution, the Virks Building is one of the largest buildings in this part of the city. It features a large portico, overlooking West Road. It was designed by… read more
A two-story, flat-roofed building. Nominally Colonial Revival in style. This is one of the three original buildings of the Hospital, built by the PWA in 1936.
A three-story, Colonial Revival building built by the PWA in 1936. Like its neighbor, the Bernadette Building, the McDonald Building houses part of the women’s prison.
The PWA built the power facilities at the State Infirmary Hospital. The power plant has since been substantially expanded, but it is unclear if the original building remains. Note that in the above photograph, the passageway at the right was… read more