The Public Works Administration (PWA) funded the construction of additions and alterations to the Bonner County Courthouse in Sandpoint in 1938-39. One source suggests that the Works Progress Administration (WPA) was involved with other related work at the building or grounds. The PWA provided a $37,650 grant… read more
The Works Progress Administration (WPA) built the Vine Hill School and Community Building (also known as Horney Buck School) in 1939 in Cape Fair. The building served as a school during the week, as a community center on Saturdays, and as an interdenominational… read more
The brochure A Guide to Depression Era Roadside Parks in Texas lists at #9 the Highway 16 Roadside Park as an existing Works Progress Administration-era roadside park. The park is located South of Fredericksburg in Medina County. A site visit in March 2018… read more
The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) completed reforestation and improvement work at the John Henry Kirby Memorial State Forest. The work included tree planting and timber stand improvement—a forest management method that supports tree growth. The CCC also built a residence, park roads… read more
The Works Progress Administration completed improvements for the Lewis County Infirmary. According the the Charleston Gazette (1936), “The work consisted of “Repairing, renovating and Improving Lewis county infirmary.” The exact location and condition of this facility are unknown to the Living New Deal.
The Works Progress Administration completed grading and drainage work for German Settlement Road in Elk District in Charleston, Kanawha County. The exact location and condition of this road are unknown to the Living New Deal.
The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) conducted substantial work at Shenipsit State Forest in northern Connecticut. Work was undertaken by Camp Conner, housing Company #1192, which operated from Sept. 5, 1935 to May 23, 1941. The physical camp resided south of… read more