• Armory (former) - Pierce City MO
    From Missouri Armories: The Guard's Home in Architecture and History by Robert Wiegers: "The Pierce City Armory was built in 1939 as a WPA project, but the design combines features of castellated architecture with the art deco/WPA style and use of reinforced concrete." The building sustained damage during a 2003 tornado and was rechristened the Ray Carver Building. It now houses local government offices.