The Art Deco civic center and armory was Public Works Administration (PWA) project W1206. Designed by Edgar Lucian Malvaney, it was approved 10/24/1036 and completed 11/10/1937. The PWA allotted a grant of $51,226 toward the completion cost of $110,575. A… read more
Architect Edgar Lucian Malvaney designed the Holly Bluff school building, constructed in 1939 as PWA project 1271. It was approved 7/27/1938 and construction began 10/17/1938. It was completed10/12/1939 for a total cost of $57,305 with PWA funding a grant of… read more
The one-story Colonial Revival brick building was constructed by a $14,318 grant from Public Works Administration approved 9/26/1938. Construction began 12/19/1938 and was completed 7/29/1939 for a total cost of $31,585. Edgar Lucian Malvaney designed the building and it was… read more
Public Works Administration project 4726 for an elementary school building was approved 3/21/1934 for a $20,000 loan and $8,232 grant. Construction began 6/18/1934 and was completed 5/29/1935. The Colonial Revival style building was designed by Edgar Lucian Malvaney and constructed… read more
Work Projects Administration approved funding for construction of a new school building in Bruce. The poured-in-place concrete building was designed by E. L. Malvaney in his monolithic concrete trademark, International design, and two stories. The school district pledged $22,072 toward… read more
In 1938, the Public Works Administration (PWA) completed additions to the existing 1920 school and constructed a new gymnasium for the Merigold Public Schools. Both buildings have been demolished.
Mossville classroom building was constructed 1937 with Public Works Administration (PWA) funds as project W1072. A loan for $14,000 was combined with a grant for $11,454, approved 11/14/1935. The contract was awarded 2/10/1936, constructed begun May 7, and completed January… read more