1 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 49
  • Ross Collins Vocational School - Meridian MS
    The Art Moderne vocational school was constructed as part of the Meridian High School Complex. Construction was completed by the National Youth Administration, and the engineers were Gardner and Howe.
  • Post Office - Fort Kent ME
    The historic post office building in Fort Kent, Maine was constructed between 1941 and 1942 with federal Treasury Department funds. The building is still in service.
  • Molokai (formerly Hoolehua) Airport Expansion - Ho'olehua HI
    Between 1935 and 1942, “the WPA aided the Territory with funds to gradually enlarge and improve the field which was originally a dirt strip (source note 1).
  • Zion National Park: Great White Throne Overlook - Washington County UT
    In 1942, the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) built a path on the east side of the main road up to a viewing platform.  The CCC built the construction in stones that face west toward the Throne of the Patriarchs.  It is still intact, with modest rock work and the original concrete pathway.  The Great White Throne Overlook was the last CCC project in Zion before Congress cut the CCC funding.
  • Barking Sands Pacific Military Range Facility Improvements - Kekaha HI
    Barking Sands Pacific Missile Range Facility is a U.S. Naval Installation on the Island of Kauai in Hawaii. Between 1941 and 1942 WPA funds helped enlarge the facility.
  • Morse Field - Ka Lae (South Point) HI
    Morse Field was a military air field from about 1941-1953. WPA funds helped improve the air field between 1941 and 1942.
  • Post Office (former) Mural - Ellicott City MD
    The Section of Fine Arts commissioned tempera-on-plaster murals, titled "Building of Ellicott Mills" and "Landscape of Ellicott City," collectively depicting Scenes of Old Ellicott City. Completed in 1942, the murals were painted by R. Dunne for what was the then-new (and now former) Ellicott City post office. The old Post office is now home to the city's visitor center. The murals continue to be displayed.  
  • Post Office Mural - Geneva NY
    The historic Geneva post office houses a Section of Fine Arts-commissioned mural, "Vineyard", painted by Peter Blume. Additionally, New Deal-commissioned bas reliefs can be found on the building's exterior.
  • Shiloh National Military Park Improvements - Savannah TN
    Beginning in 1934, 400 African American WWI veterans were employed by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) to participate in restoration of the Civil War battlefield. As Timothy Smith writes in “Black Soldiers and the CCC at Shiloh National Military Park”: “Among the chief beneficiaries of the New Deal's job creation programs were Shiloh and other national parks, to which thousands of laborers were sent to construct, rehabilitate, and restore. In the case of Shiloh, the Civil Works Administration (CWA) employed several hundred local men from Hardin and McNairy counties on erosion control projects, road maintenance, and excavations at Shiloh's Indian mounds. The...
  • Pettigrew State Park - Connelly Springs NC
    The federal Works Progress Administration contributed to the early development of Pettigrew State Park.
1 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 49