• City Hall Addition - Oxford MS
    The original Romanesque/Queen Anne style post office and federal building was constructed 1883-1886. A rear wing was added in 1935 under the Office of the Supervising Architect of the Treasury direction. At that time, the building was still a post office and federal building. The building is currently used as Oxford City Hall.
  • Post Office - Ladysmith WI
    Constructed by the Treasury Department in 1935, this New Deal post office is still in service. An example of New Deal artwork created for the facility has since been painted over.
  • Ludington State Park Beach House - Ludington MI
    This Lake Michigan Beach House in Ludington State Park was built by the CCC. Under the direction of the National Park Service, the CCC built roads, retaining walls, campgrounds, hiking trails, the park’s headquarters, and the Lake Michigan Beach House. Designed by renowned NPS architect Ralph B. Herrick, the one-of-a-kind, arts-and-crafts-style Beach House is regarded as the crown jewel of Michigan’s park system. The CCC Boys hand dug the foundation, water system, and septic field for the 116-foot building. A deal struck with the Morton Salt Company in the nearby town of Ludington had the CCC tear down a derelict salt...
  • Breezy Point Jetty - Queens NY
    "Breezy Point began in the early 20th century as a shantytown called Irish Riviera. Then, the sandy sliver of land that lies on the far western edge of Rockaway Island was considerably thinner than it is today. In 1935, as part of the New Deal, the federal government built a jetty to keep sand from accumulating at the mouth of New York Harbor. Behind this boulder jetty, the sandbar grew considerably and allowed year-round residencies."   (https://www.eenews.net) "The land began accreting in Breezy Point after the Federal Government built a jetty on the peninsula's westernmost tip in 1935 to prevent sand from clogging...
  • Murray Common School (Former) - Murray TX
    The Murray Common School was built in 1935 at a cost of $5,000, and was constructed in two months. The school building was still in use as a community center in 1972, however, the rock structure was demolished at some point after that. Workers from the Newcastle area were transported to Murray in a Ford Model T pickup truck owned by B. C. "Slats" Wooldridge. The project is not documented as to agency, however there was a CCC camp in nearby Graham which constructed other school buildings in the area.
  • Post Office - Berea OH
    The Berea post office was constructed using Treasury Department funds and opened in late 1935.
  • Main Post Office - Minneapolis MN
    Constructed by the Treasury Department, this building was completed in 1935. Placeography describes the building in detail: "The popular Moderne Art Deco style building uses Mankato’s own Kasota limestone and St. Cloud black granite. The building achieves the vertical emphasis typical of the Art Deco style, despite being extremely horizontal, with a striking pattern of three-story window units with decorative relief panels (Koutsky, 2002). Approximately 500 to 700 local laborers and carpenters were summoned to construct the monumental building (Russell, 2003)." Of this building, "Postmaster General James Farley said ... 'Magnificent buildings are memorials of the strength and glory of a...
  • Post Office - Mamaroneck NY
    The historic post office building in Mamaroneck, New York was constructed in 1934-5 as a federal Public Works Administration (PWA) project using Treasury Department funds. The building is still in use today.
  • Post Office - Watkins Glen NY
    The historic post office in Watkins Glen, New York was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds. The building, which was completed in 1935, is still in use today.
  • Post Office - Haddonfield NJ
    The Haddonfield Post Office was completed in 1935 with Treasury Department funds.