1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 109
  • Quanah Parker Lake - Comanche County OK
    The lake and reservoir: Quanah Parker Lake was created by the impounding of Quanah Creek by Quanah Parker Dam: a ca. 1935-6 project constructed by the Civilian Conservation Corps. The lake has a surface area of 89 acres, with a capacity of 905 acre-feet.
  • Quanah Parker Dam - Comanche County OK
    Located in the Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge, Quanah Parker Dam north of Cache, Oklahoma was constructed by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC): Company #859. The 52-foot-high dam was meant to be a "miniature replica of Boulder dam." Construction occurred in 1935 (possibly into 1936; Living New Deal is not certain). The CCC constructed dozens of dams in the refuge.
  • Kapiolani, Spencer and Hokuula Roads - Waimea HI
    The Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) and Works Progress Administration (WPA) developed the adjacent Kapiolani, Spencer and Hokuula Roads in Waimea, Hawaii. The WPA had 16 men working on the project in Jul. 1935.
  • Kapiolani Boulevard Extension - Honolulu HI
    Kapiolani Boulevard in Honolulu, Hawaii was extended from McCully Street to what was then Harding Avenue, as part of a New Deal project. The Public Works Administration (PWA) provided about $53,000 in funding for the $224,000 project. The road officially opened in July 1935.
  • Haaheo School Road - Papaikou HI
    The Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) worked to pave "the Haaheo school road," which was expected to be completed by the end of July 1935. The project involved 30 FERA laborers as of mid-1935. The exact location of the road is unclear to Living New Deal.
  • Punaluu Road - Naalehu / Pahala HI
    The Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) worked to improve and develop Punaluu Road, a.k.a. Ninole Loop Road, between Naalehu and Pahala, Hawaii. Per Hawaii Tribune-Herald, Sept. 30, 1934: "Work is progressing on the resurfacing and straightening of the Punaluu beach road which is used by many Kau residents who enjoy camping and swimming at Punaluu." Work started in 1934 and was completed in July 1935. 26 FERA laborers were involved with the project as of mid-July 1935.
  • Union Mill Road Paving - Kapaau HI
    The Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) constructed Haina Road. As reported on Mar. 16, 1935: "The asphalting of the Union Mill road was started Thursday under FERA."
  • Haina Road - Honokaa HI
    The Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) worked to develop / improve "Haina Road." As reported on Mar. 16, 1935: "The Haina Road connecting Honokaa with Haina was opened for traffic today. This project was started under the FERA seven weeks ago." The exact road in question is not known to Living New Deal.
  • Dakota Club Library (former) - Eagle Butte SD
    The former Dakota Club LIbrary, a.k.a. Eagle Butte LIbrary, in Eagle Butte, South Dakota, was improved and expanded by the Works Progress Administration (WPA). Per NRHP nomination form: In 1935, the Works Progress Administration (WPA) improved the library building and constructed an addition. The original sod building and its lumber frame addition were both covered with a fieldstone veneer applied by local WPA laborers. A new chimney was also constructed in the addition. The material was furnished by the Dakota Club and the labor was furnished by the WPA. John Collier was appointed head of the Indian Bureau ... in 1933....
  • Veterans Island Park: Comfort Station (former) - Saratoga WY
    In 1935 the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) constructed this comfort station: the Historic Stone Toilet at the bank of North Platte River, at Veterans Island Park; Saratoga, Wyoming.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 109