CCC crews from Camp Angeles Crest F-133 built a road in Angeles National Forest in 1933-34. Records are not clear on its precise location.
The present Moab City Center, effectively the City Hall, was originally built to house the Moab elementary school and the Grand County high school. It was built with a federal grant and cost $135,000. It was first proposed in May 1933, according… read more
Town annual report: The following work has been done under [Federal Emergency Relief Administration, (F.E.R.A.)] projects, since April, 1934: Arlington Street from Newtown Road, widening and grading 3600 feet to December 27, using sixteen men, 1 foreman, four trucks from… read more
The Memorial Field of Flushing opened in November, 1934 in a ceremony attended by Mayor LaGuardia. The press release announcing the event described the extensive work carried out with New Deal support: “The land for the Flushing Memorial Playfield was… read more