St. Louis’s historic University Station post office was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds during the Great Depression. The building was completed in 1938 and is still in use today. A New Deal mural, “The Louisiana Purchase Exposition,” hangs inside.
The mural “The Louisiana Purchase Exposition” was painted by Trew Hocker. The New Deal artwork was installed in the lobby of St. Louis’s University City Station post office and is still visible today.