• Fulton State Hospital - Fulton MO
    The Fulton State Hospital was the first mental health facility west of the Mississippi, opening originally in 1851. During the 1930s, an extensive building program transformed the hospital.  The building projects included: An addition to the clinic building, a power plant, dining and kitchen buildings, a five story hospital building, and two buildings associated with the Missouri penal system. Interestingly, all of the buildings are interconnected by underground tunnels.