These two terra-cotta bas reliefs—one of a boy and one of a girl, both standing by a post office box—are about 5 feet tall and made from terra cotta. They are titled “RFD 1” and “RFD 2,” and were created… read more
Sisters Helen, Margaret and Esther Bruton created two mosaics for the exterior of the San Francisco Zoo’s Mothers Building in 1934. The mosaics depict “Children and Their Animal Friends” and “St. Francis.”
Helen Bruton completed this 10′ by 20′ mosaic “Sculpture and Dance” in 1936 for the Works Progress Administration’s Federal Art Project. It is located on the east exterior of the old University Art Building.
These two Byzantine-style mosaic murals by Helen Bruton and F. Alston Swift were installed in 1936, two years after the Art Gallery opened. They are located on the eastern facade, flanking the building’s double entrance. Each mural measures 18′ by… read more