“Occupational Studies and Their Application” This fresco of six 9′ x 4’6″ panels was painted with the help of New Deal funds.
The PWAP funded “nine murals titled “Scenes of Industry” at Highland Park High School in Highland Park, Illinois. The murals were painted on board by Edgar Britton in 1934. The building was torn down and replaced. No one knew about… read more
Among the WPA artworks at Lane Tech High School are several frescoes in the school lunchroom, each depicting a different period of “Epochs in the History of Man.” These large (12′ x 14′) frescoes were painted by Edgar Britton in… read more
The Decatur post office contains several Treasury Section of Fine Arts murals by Edward Millman, Mitchell Siporin and Edgar Britton. The murals were completed in 1938. Three different halls in the post office contain murals by each artist respectively. Edward… read more
The Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior building contains one of the largest collections of New Deal art in Washington DC, by some of the finest American artists of the time. Edgar Britton painted “Petroleum Industry: Production” and “Petroleum… read more