• Borough Hall Murals (missing) - Brooklyn NY
    "During May and June 1946, two 900-square-foot murals depicting three centuries of local history were unceremoniously removed from the cavernous two-story rotunda of Brooklyn Borough Hall less than a decade after their creation. The murals, titled "Brooklyn Past and Present," were the work of a relatively unknown artist named Alois Fabry Jr., who had been commissioned to produce them through the Federal Art Project of the Works Progress Administration. Sprawling and detailed, interspersed with touches of whimsy and based on three months of prodigious research, they imbued the borough's central administrative office building with a sweeping monumentality." The murals are missing and...
  • Post Office (former) Mural - Williamsburg KY
    The mural "Floating Horses Down the Cumberland River" was commissioned by the federal Treasury Section of Fine Arts. It was installed in Williamsburg's historic post office building, which is now owned by Whitley County and used for storage by the county clerk's office. To access the mural, check in at the county clerk's office located in the courthouse across the street.
  • Post Office Mural - Upper Sandusky OH
    The historic post office in Upper Sandusky, Ohio houses New Deal artwork: an oil-on-canvas mural entitled "The Mail." The Treasury Section of Fine Arts commissioned the work.