(Toggle Search Options)

Select criteria for a search.
In each box, select from list or type.
After selecting, click on Search button at bottom of page
Fields can be left blank!

Displaying 481-495 of 537 results

Will Rogers Park – Oklahoma City OK

Date added: March 22, 2013

“Development of this 118-acre park began in the 1930s as a joint project of the Oklahoma City Parks Department and the National Parks Service, with labor from the CCC and WPA. The CCC cleared trees and brush, pruned, built terraces… read more

Beavers Bend State Park – Broken Bow OK

Date added: March 21, 2013

“Much of the charm of Beavers Bend Resort Park lies in the fact that when the park was built in 1937 by the Civilian Conservation Corps, the materials of choice came from the land itself: slabs of native stone, and… read more

Quartz Mountain State Park and Lugert Dam – Lone Wolf OK

Date added: March 21, 2013

“Quartz Mountain State Park (since 2002 called Quartz Mountain Nature Park) is one of ten original sites contemplated by the Oklahoma legislature in 1935, when it appropriated twenty-five thousand dollars to create a State Park Commission to work with the… read more

Osage Hills State Park – Bartlesville OK

Date added: March 21, 2013

“CCC Company 895 was organized at Fort Sill, Oklahoma, and sent to Hosa Lodge, Colorado, on June 17, 1933. The Company moved to Rainbow Lakes (Camp SP-1-C) in Nederland, Colorado on June 30, 1933. On October 1, 1933, the company… read more

Roman Nose State Park – Watonga OK

Date added: March 19, 2013

Roman Nose State Park was created with extensive CCC work from 1935 to 1937. From Wayfinding.com: Henry Caruthers Roman Nose was a chief of the southern Cheyenne. Born in 1856, this 600 acres was his federal allotment. He lived here… read more

Lake Murray State Park – Ardmore OK

Date added: March 19, 2013

Both the CCC and the WPA worked extensively on Lake Murray State Park in the 1930s. The lake itself was completed in 1937 and opened to the public in 1938. The Lake’s iconic Tucker Tower was started by the New… read more

Robbers Cave State Park – Wilburton OK

Date added: March 19, 2013

The Civilian Conservation Corps built recreation facilities at the Robber’s Cave State Park. “Located four miles north of Wilburton on State Highway 2, Robbers Cave State Park, originally Latimer State Park (name changed in 1936), encompasses more than eight thousand… read more

Boiling Springs State Park – Woodward OK

Date added: March 19, 2013

“Boiling Springs State Park is a park built near Woodward, Oklahoma, by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930s and named for one of the several natural springs which occur in the park… In 1935 much of the land comprising… read more

Post Office Murals – Vinita OK

Date added: February 16, 2013

The post office contains two sets of three murals each by Randall Davey. The murals were painted in 1941 with funding from the Treasury Section of Fine Arts. In these murals, Randall Davey portrayed the history of the Cherokee Nation… read more

Post Office – Vinita OK

Date added: February 16, 2013

The historic post office in Vinita, Oklahoma was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds. The building, which houses New Deal artwork inside, was completed in 1939 and is still in use today.

Post Office Mural – Okemah OK

Date added: February 13, 2013

The post office contains a 1941 Section of Fine Arts mural “Grand Council of 1842” painted by Richard West. This work is a work having a rather flat perspective by West depicting the Grand Council of 1842, probably 1843 which… read more

Post Office – Okemah OK

Date added: February 13, 2013

The post office in Okemah was completed in 1938 with funds provided by the Treasury Department. It is also the site of Walter Richard “Dick” West’s 1941 mural, “Grand Council of 1842,” completed with funds provided by the federal government and… read more