(Toggle Search Options)

Select criteria for a search.
In each box, select from list or type.
After selecting, click on Search button at bottom of page
Fields can be left blank!

Displaying 31-45 of 158 results

University of Georgia: Fine Arts Building – Athens GA

Date added: December 18, 2016

“The Fine Arts Building was designed and constructed in 1939-1940 as a Federal Public Works Administration (PWA) project. The Neoclassical style building was originally designed to house the drama, music, dance, and visual arts programs.”

Post Office (former) – Cairo GA

Date added: December 18, 2016

The historic former post office in Cairo, Georgia was constructed ca. 1935 with federal Treasury Department funds. The building, which housed an example of New Deal artwork, now houses the Grady County Board of Education.

Post Office (former) – Baxley GA

Date added: December 18, 2016

The historic former post office building in Baxley, Georgia was constructed in 1935 with federal Treasury Department funds. The building now serves Appling County.

Post Office – Blakely GA

Date added: December 18, 2016

The historic post office in Blakely, Georgia was constructed in 1936 with federal Treasury Department funds. The building, which houses an example of New Deal artwork, is still in service.

Post Office (former) – Adel GA

Date added: December 18, 2016

The historic former post office building in Adel, Georgia was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds ca. 1939. The building now serves as the Cook County Historical Society Museum. A New Deal mural, which had been created and housed in… read more

Post Office – Warrenton GA

Date added: December 18, 2016

The historic Post Office and Agricultural Building in Warrenton, Georgia was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds ca. 1938. The building is still in service. It had housed a New Deal mural, since relocated to Augusta.

Post Office – Hawkinsville GA

Date added: December 18, 2016

The historic post office in Hawkinsville, GA was constructed in 1937 with federal Treasury Department funds. The building is still in service.

Post Office – Ashburn GA

Date added: December 18, 2016

The historic post office in Ashburn, GA was constructed in 1939 with federal Treasury Department funds. The building is still in service.

Hancock County Board of Education – Sparta GA

Date added: December 18, 2016

The historic former Sparta Public School in Sparta, Georgia was constructed with federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. The high school construction project was sponsored by Hancock County. Living New Deal believes the building now houses offices for the Hancock… read more

Okefenokee Swamp Park Facilities – Waycross GA

Date added: August 10, 2016

The Okefenokee Swamp had long been a site of habitation in southern Georgia. According to the New Georgia Encyclopedia, “An all-black unit of the Civilian Conservation Corps was transferred to the refuge, and between 1937 and 1941 they developed facilities… read more

American Legion Post 105 – Fayetteville GA

Date added: June 25, 2016

The facility that now serves as American Legion Post 105, in Fayetteville, Georgia, was constructed as a federal Works Progress Administration (WPA) project in 1935. “Lastly, I’d like to highlight the fact that we’re rapidly approaching our 100th birthday. You… read more

F.D. Roosevelt State Park – Pine Mountain GA

Date added: May 19, 2016

F. D. Roosevelt State Park is the largest state park in Georgia: “Many facilities within the park were built by FDR’s Civilian Conservation Corps during the Great Depression, including stone cabins overlooking the mountain, a Liberty Bell-shaped swimming pool, and… read more

Nottely Dam – Blairsville GA

Date added: April 27, 2016

“Nottely Dam is a hydroelectric and flood storage dam on the Nottely River in Union County, in the U.S. state of Georgia. The dam is owned and operated by the Tennessee Valley Authority, which built the dam in the early… read more

Fort Hawkins Restoration – Macon GA

Date added: July 28, 2015

Between 1935 and 1938, the WPA performed structural renovation and historic restoration work at this site. From Wikipedia: From 1928, the Daughters of the American Revolution and the Macon Kiwanis Club raised funds to create a replica of one of… read more