(Toggle Search Options)

Select criteria for a search.
In each box, select from list or type.
After selecting, click on Search button at bottom of page
Fields can be left blank!

Displaying 31-45 of 248 results

Mineral Springs Waterworks – Mineral Springs AR

Date added: February 16, 2018

“The Mineral Springs Waterworks is a historic site located in Mineral Springs, Arkansas. It contains a good example of a 1930s-era elevated steel water tower, built in 1936 by the Pittsburgh-Des Moines Steel Company in conjunction with the Public Works… read more

De Valls Bluff Waterworks – De Valls Bluff AR

Date added: February 16, 2018

“The De Valls Bluff Waterworks is a historic public water supply facility at Rumbaugh and Hazel Streets in De Valls Bluff, Arkansas. It contains a 1930s-era elevated steel water tower, built in 1936 by the Pittsburgh-Des Moines Steel Company in… read more

High School – Siloam Springs AR

Date added: October 25, 2017

A Work Progress Administration marker is encased in a brick monument on the grounds of Southside Elementary School, on the West Tulsa Street (north) side of the school property. According to the Shiloh Museum of Ozark History, the WPA constructed… read more

Post Office – Clarksville AR

Date added: August 15, 2017

The historic post office in Clarksville, Arkansas was constructed in 1935 with Treasury Department fund. The building, which houses an example of New Deal artwork, is still in service.

Courthouse (former) Repair – Washington AR

Date added: July 13, 2017

The CWA was involved in repairs to the aging county courthouse which had been built in 1874 to replace an 1836 building. A few years later in 1939, a new county courthouse was built by the PWA in Hope Arkansas… read more

Courthouse Repairs – Hot Springs AR

Date added: July 13, 2017

The CWA did repairs to the Garland County courthouse in Hot Springs. The Garland County Courthouse is located at Ouachita Avenue and Hawthorne Street in Hot Springs (Garland County). The four-story brick building is recognized by the Arkansas Historic Preservation… read more

Sink-Crumb Post 72 American Legion Hut – Knobel AR

Date added: July 13, 2017

The Sink-Crumb Post 72 American Legion Hut, located on the northeastern corner of 2nd and Cherry streets in the small Clay County community of Knobel, is a tin-roofed cypress log building designed in the Rustic aesthetic common among American Legion… read more

Mt. Nebo – Dardanelle AR

Date added: July 11, 2017

Rising 1,350 feet, Mount Nebo offers sweeping views of the Arkansas River Valley. In 1933, a portion of the mountain was chosen as a park site. Native stone and logs from Mount Nebo were used by the Civilian Conservation Corps… read more

Buffalo Point Campground – Yellville AR

Date added: July 11, 2017

The Buffalo Point Campground is the largest NPS campground on the Buffalo National River. It was originally an Arkansas State Park before being assumed by the National Park Service. The historically significant park and cabins were built by the Civilian… read more

Shady Lake Recreation Area – Mena AR

Date added: July 11, 2017

Shady Lake is a popular 25-acre recreational impoundment in the Ouachita National Forest served by an accompanying U.S. Forest Service recreation area. The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) was involved in construction of a bathhouse (1936), dam and picnic pavilion (1938),… read more

Tall Peak Fire Tower – Hot Springs AR

Date added: July 11, 2017

The Tall Peak Fire Tower is located southeast of Mena on Forest Service Road No. 38A in Polk County in Ouachita National Forest. The tower is a two story, field stone and wood structure built on a continuous stone foundation…. read more