(Toggle Search Options)

Select criteria for a search.
In each box, select from list or type.
After selecting, click on Search button at bottom of page
Fields can be left blank!

Displaying 16-30 of 265 results

Georgetown Playground Improvements – Seattle WA

Date added: July 2, 2019

With the help of Works Progress Administration (WPA) labor, the Seattle Park Department made improvements to the Georgetown Playground at South Homer Street and Corson Avenue. In 1936, WPA workers built a reinforced concrete wading pool along the eastern edge… read more

Beacon Hill Playground Improvements – Seattle WA

Date added: July 2, 2019

Between 1938 and 1941, with funding assistance from the Works Progress Administration (WPA), the Seattle Park Department completed several improvement projects at Beacon Hill Playground. In the first of these projects, WPA workers re-painted the playground shelter house in 1938…. read more

Wagner Performing Arts Center – Monroe WA

Date added: November 6, 2018

The Wagner Performing Arts Center in Monroe, Washington was originally the auditorium of Monroe Junior High School, built in the late 1930s with the help of PWA grant funds. Construction of the auditorium and school began in September, 1938 and… read more

High School – Skykomish WA

Date added: March 30, 2018

Skykomish High School was constructed in 1936 as a New Deal project. The Public Works Administration (PWA) provided a $56,250 grant for the project, whose total cost was $127,331. PWA Docket No. WA [W]1146

Whatcom Falls Park Walls and Bridge – Bellingham WA

Date added: March 1, 2018

The Works Progress Administration built a bridge and walls in Whatcom Falls Park, in the vicinity of Bellingham. The bridge is in good condition and is located 100 yards from the park entrance.

Glacier Ranger Station – Glacier WA

Date added: November 30, 2017

The Civilian Conservation Corps Company 2915 (F-12) built a ranger station in the vicinity of Glacier, Whatcom County.

Path with rock wall and benches, Lithia Park - Ashland OR

Lithia Park Improvements – Ashland OR

Date added: October 16, 2017

The Works Progress Administration (WPA) made extensive improvements to Lithia Park, a 100-acre park at the heart of Ashland OR, from 1935 to 1938.   Lithia Park was established in the early 20th century along Ashland Creek above the main… read more

Central Public Library, c 1930 - Seattle WA

Central Library (replaced) Maintenance – Seattle WA

Date added: October 16, 2017

The Works Progress Administration (WPA) carried out maintenance work on the Old Central Public Library in 1935, as well as helping with clerical tasks. That library building had been funded by Andrew Carnegie in 1906.  It was replaced in 1960… read more

Ballard Bridge Reconstruction – Seattle WA

Date added: October 16, 2017

In 1937 the Seattle City Council passed an ordinance authorizing work to begin on reconstructing the bridge. The job took a year and a half and replaced the timber approaches with approaches of concrete and steel that featured ornamental lighting…. read more

Inspection Station – Laurier WA

Date added: May 22, 2017

The historic U.S. Border Inspection Station on U.S. 395 in Laurier, Washington was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds. Built in 1935, the Colonial Revival structure (built with Cape Cod-style Immigration Residence and Customs Residence) is still in service.

Inspection Station – Curlew WA

Date added: May 22, 2017

The historic U.S. Border Inspection Station on Customs Road northwest of Curlew, Washington was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds. Built in 1937, the Colonial Revival structure (along with attendant storage shed) is still in service.

Inspection Station (former) – Danville WA

Date added: May 22, 2017

The historic former U.S. Border Inspection Station on Highway 21 West in Danville, Washington was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds. Built ca. 1936, the facility was “sold and relocated” once replaced ca. 1988. The present location and status of… read more

Tacoma Water Supply – Ravensdale WA

Date added: May 17, 2017

” Tacoma Water Supply Program for 1937 The Water Division of the City of Tacoma has plans completed for a construction program during 1937 amounting to $1,566,000. An application for a $705,000 PWA grant on this project has already been… read more

Madrona Playground Improvements – Seattle WA

Date added: May 17, 2017

In 1927, the Seattle Park Department acquired the site for Madrona Playground at East Spring Street and 34th Avenue. The playground site received a few improvements during the late 1920s and early 1930s, including the grading of the playfield and… read more