(Toggle Search Options)

Select criteria for a search.
In each box, select from list or type.
After selecting, click on Search button at bottom of page
Fields can be left blank!

Displaying 16-30 of 158 results

"Cantaloupe Industry"

Post Office Mural – Sylvester GA

Date added: August 15, 2017

Chester Tingler painted this oil-on-canvas work, entitled “Cantaloupe Industry,” with Section funding, for the then-new Sylvester post office in 1939. The work has since been relocated; it now resides in the lobby of the new post office east of downtown.

City Hall – Cuthbert GA

Date added: June 30, 2017

This art deco brick building was constructed by the WPA starting in 1940. “Cuthbert’s Mid-Century Modern City Hall was a project of the WPA, near the tail-end of funding for the New Deal agency. It’s a quiet landmark of governmental… read more

Camp Lacretia – Villa Rica GA

Date added: April 12, 2017

Located on the original Bankhead Highway, also known as the Villa Rica-Carrollton Road (1917 route) the Williams Family farm is southwest of Villa Rica, Georgia. The farmhouse was built in 1891 and the farm remained in business in the Great… read more

Post Office (former) – Eastman GA

Date added: December 20, 2016

The historic former post office in Eastman, Georgia was constructed ca. 1936 with federal Treasury Department funds. The building, which housed an example of New Deal artwork (since relocated), is now privately owned.

Post Office (former) – Decatur GA

Date added: December 20, 2016

The historic former post office in Decatur, Georgia was constructed ca. 1938 with federal Treasury Department funds. The building, which housed an example of New Deal artwork (since relocated), is now privately owned.

Post Office (former) – Covington GA

Date added: December 20, 2016

The historic former post office building in Covington, Georgia was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds during the Great Depression. The building served the Newton County Library system for a time, but it is now privately owned.

Rockdale County Courthouse (Old Post Office) – Conyers GA

Date added: December 20, 2016

The historic Rockdale County Courthouse building in Conyers, Georgia was constructed with federal funds as the community’s post office ca. 1939. The building housed an example of New Deal artwork, which has since been relocated.

City Hall (Old Post Office) – Commerce GA

Date added: December 20, 2016

The historic City Hall building in Commerce, Georgia was constructed with federal funds as the community’s post office ca. 1936. The building housed an example of New Deal artwork, which has since been relocated.

Post Office – Camilla GA

Date added: December 20, 2016

The historic post office in Camilla, Georgia was constructed in 1939 with federal Treasury Department funds. The building, which houses an example of New Deal artwork, is still in service.

Old Courthouse Remodeling – Milledgeville GA

Date added: December 18, 2016

The historic former Baldwin County Courthouse building in Milledgeville, Georgia was constructed in 1887. It was remodeled and repaired with federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds in 1937. The PWA supplied a grant of $29,250 for the project, whose total… read more

Porter Hall (GCSU) - Milledgeville GA

Porter Hall (GCSU) – Milledgeville GA

Date added: December 18, 2016

Porter Hall was one of multiple buildings constructed on the GCSU campus with the assistance of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. “The Music and Theater Building facing Wilkinson St. was constructed in 1939 over and around a 1912 steam… read more

Sanford Hall 1950s

Sanford Hall (GCSU) – Milledgeville GA

Date added: December 18, 2016

Sanford Hall was one of multiple buildings constructed on the GCSU campus with the assistance of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. It was completed in 1938.

Beeson Hall (GCSU) - Milledgeville GA

Beeson Hall (GCSU) – Milledgeville GA

Date added: December 18, 2016

Beeson Hall was one of multiple buildings constructed on the GCSU campus with the assistance of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. It was completed in 1937.

Georgia College & State University – Milledgeville GA

Date added: December 18, 2016

The Georgia College & State University campus in Milledgeville, Georgia was heavily impacted by New Deal program construction. Multiple buildings were constructed with the assistance of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds, including Beeson, Sanford, and Porter Halls.

University of Georgia – Athens GA

Date added: December 18, 2016

The University of Georgia campus in Athens, Georgia was heavily impacted by New Deal program construction. Multiple buildings were constructed with the assistance of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds, including a laboratory building, classroom building, and the Fine Arts… read more