(Toggle Search Options)

Select criteria for a search.
In each box, select from list or type.
After selecting, click on Search button at bottom of page
Fields can be left blank!

Displaying 226-240 of 265 results

East Portland Post Office – Portland OR

Date added: February 19, 2013

The historic East Portland Station post office was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds in 1936. The post office houses New Deal artwork.

Post Office Murals – Eugene OR

Date added: February 11, 2013

The post office contains two murals painted by Carl Morris in 1943. “Carl Morris won the US Treasury Department’s Section of Painting and Sculpture competition to complete a set of murals for the building. The Section competition required that the… read more

Post Office – Eugene OR

Date added: February 11, 2013

This large post office was constructed by the Treasury Department in 1941. Unfortunately, as of late 2011, the post office was scheduled to close and the building was listed for sale. Update on current status needed.

Umpqua River bridge - Reedsport OR

Umpqua River Bridge – Reedsport OR

Date added: July 28, 2012

The bridge at the mouth of the Umpqua River at Reedsport OR was constructed with funding from the Public Works Administration (PWA) in 1934-36.  It was one of five PWA-funded bridges across major rivers that completed the Oregon Coast Highway,… read more

Malheur National Wildlife Refuge Headquarter Building

Malheur National Wildlife Refuge – Burns OR

Date added: July 17, 2012

The federal Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) worked to develop southeast Oregon’s Malheur National Wildlife Refuge during the 1930s. “The Refuge was expanded on February 21st, 1935 to incorporate the 164,503 acre Blitzen Valley. The Blitzen Valley was purchased using funds… read more

Klamath Fish Hatchery – Chiloquin OR

Date added: July 3, 2012

“The fish hatchery we see wasn’t begun until 1929, and from then on it slowly grew in size. The first major improvements were made during the 1930s by men who came up from the Klamath Falls camp of the Civilian… read more

Park Improvements – Crater Lake National Park OR

Date added: June 27, 2012

“The ultimate direction of development in the parks became an important issue due to the increase in construction activity during the administration of President Herbert Hoover. To ensure that this activity was proceeding in an orderly fashion, long-term planning was… read more

Hart Mountain Headquarter Building

Hart Mountain National Antelope Refuge – Lake County OR

Date added: June 21, 2012

“A former CCC camp is located at the base of Hart Mountain. From this camp, Company 3442 carried out various projects, including fence construction and the installation of telephone lines. The remaining building was the camp infirmary. The CCC campsite… read more

Notch Corrals – Klamath County OR

Date added: June 21, 2012

From the Journal of the Shaw Historical Library Editorial Committee: “The Notch Corral was built by the CCC in 1937 and has two circular stockade-like corrals connected by a center pen. On the way to the corral, you can see… read more

Klamath Reservation Improvements – Chiloquin OR

Date added: June 21, 2012

“Almost immediately upon the initiation of CCC-ID work on the Klamath Reservation, several projects were outlined. Authority was granted to spend $25,000 to conduct CCC-ID conservation work. The first project, implemented on December 9, 1933, was coyote eradication. The second… read more

Bly Ranger Station Compound – Bly OR

Date added: June 21, 2012

“The Civilian Conservation Corps and local experienced men, under the supervision of the U.S. Forest Service, constructed the Bly Ranger Station compound between 1936 and 1942. The compound, made up of both administrative and residential buildings, continues to service and… read more