(Toggle Search Options)

Select criteria for a search.
In each box, select from list or type.
After selecting, click on Search button at bottom of page
Fields can be left blank!

Displaying 211-225 of 265 results

Banks High School Athletic Fields – Banks OR

Date added: November 30, 2013

“During the Great Depression the Works Progress Administration paid for work on the school’s athletic fields, with the project completed in 1936.”   (wikipedia.org)

Upper Sandy Guard Station Cabin – Government Camp OR

Date added: November 30, 2013

“The Upper Sandy Guard Station Cabin, built in 1935, is an exceptional expression of a “rugged” Rustic style U.S. Forest Service building constructed by skilled local carpenters and laborers assisted by men employed under one of President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s… read more

Post Office Mural – Newberg OR

Date added: November 30, 2013

This Section of Fine Arts mural is titled “Early Mail Carriers of the West” and was painted by Rockwell Carey for the historic Newberg post office in 1937.

City Hall (Old Post Office) Mural – Tillamook OR

Date added: November 30, 2013

Titled “Captain Gray Entering Tillamook Bay,” this mural depicts Captain Gray, who is best known for discovery of the Columbia River in the year 1792. Four years prior to that, however, he became the first white man, on record, to… read more

Harney County Courthouse - Burns OR

Harney County Courthouse – Burns OR

Date added: October 5, 2013

This structure was constructed with WPA help, but did not receive sought-for PWA funding: “Forty years later, the November 4, 1938 Burns Times-Herald called the courthouse “antiquated [and] poorly arranged.” Voters were deciding whether the county should construct a new… read more

Front of Post Office and Courthouse- Medford OR

James A. Redden Federal Courthouse Extension – Medford OR

Date added: September 23, 2013

The Medford OR post office and courthouse was originally constructed in 1916. An extension was added by the Treasury Department in 1940.  Treasury’s Procurement Division was responsible for all federal buildings at the time and Louis A. Simon was the… read more

Sprague River Park – Bly OR

Date added: September 23, 2013

This beautiful day-use park is located along Sprague River and just north of Hwy 140 and three miles east of Bly, OR. The park was designed and built by Camp Bly CCC members.

"Early and Contemporary Industries"

Post Office Murals – Grants Pass OR

Date added: August 17, 2013

The New Deal post office in Grants Pass contains two New Deal murals in the lobby.  “Rogue River Indians” was painted by Louis DeMott Bunce and “Early and Contemporary Industries” is the work of Eric Lamade. Both were created in 1938 under… read more

Gold Beach Ranger Station – Gold Beach OR

Date added: April 23, 2013

The Gold Beach Ranger Station is located at the southern part of town just off of Hwy 101. The Gold Beach Ranger Station is a CCC-built complex of multiple buildings completed in 1937. There is a bronze plaque located at… read more

CCC Retaining Wall – Klamath Falls OR

Date added: April 23, 2013

This smaller, concrete CCC project from 1940 is located at the west side of the junction of Lincoln Street and N 11th Street in Klamath Falls, OR. This smaller, CCC-built project is located along what’s known as the ‘A-Canal’, one… read more

Star Ranger Station – Jacksonville OR

Date added: April 23, 2013

This historic CCC structure is located just west of Upper Applegate Rd and on a hillside, across the road from the current ranger station in Jackson County, OR. The building is listed in the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP)…. read more

Post Office - Hood River OR

Post Office – Hood River OR

Date added: February 19, 2013

The Hood River post office was constructed by the Treasury Department in 1934-1935. It is still in service. A historical marker attached to the post office reads: “From 1901 to 1935, the Hood River United States Post Office occupied the… read more

East Portland Post Office Mural – Portland OR

Date added: February 19, 2013

The post office originally held an earlier version of this mural entitled “Post Ride,” funded by the Treasury Section of Fine Arts and painted in 1936 by Paul Grellert. During renovation of the post office in the 60’s the mural… read more