Date added: April 21, 2013; Modified: April 21, 2013
“Constructed in 1929, the two-story, blond brick Union High School served as the first high school for the Westminster community. It functioned in that capacity from 1929 until 1949. In 1939, the school district constructed the gymnasium and classroom addition… read more
Date added: April 21, 2013
This building was originally the Alma School. The school was built in 1925. The PWA funded building additions in 1936. The building now serves as the town hall, library and police department.
Date added: April 20, 2013
“The Prowers Housing Welfare Housing is a complex of five buildings located on the northern edge of Lamar. The complex is located near the railroad tracks in an area that primarily light industrial. The Fairmont Cemetery, with stone walls constructed… read more
Date added: December 3, 2011; Modified: February 15, 2013
Section of Fine Arts mural entitled “Hunters, Red and White” painted by Archie Musick for the Manitou Springs post office in 1942. A plaque near the mural reads: “Depression-era public art programs coincided with the heyday of Colorado Springs’ art… read more
Date added: October 9, 2012; Modified: October 9, 2012
Section of Fine Arts mural entitled “Industries around Loveland” painted by James Russell Sherman in 1938 for the downtown Valentine Station post office in Loveland, Colorado.
Date added: October 9, 2012
Section of Fine Arts wooden relief entitled “Kiowa Travois” was carved and installed in 1939 by Gladys Caldwell Fisher.
Date added: January 8, 2012; Modified: June 10, 2012
"Constructed by the Works Progress Administration between 1938 and 1939, the courthouse represents federal New Deal relief programs at work in eastern Colorado during the Great Depression. The county commissioners took advantage of the WPA program to match county funds… read more
Date added: January 5, 2012
"Palmer High School is located at 301 North Nevada Avenue in Colorado Springs. The present building was built by the Works Progress Administration under Franklin Delano Roosevelt in 1940. Originally named Colorado Springs High School, Palmer High School was re-named… read more