Feather River Bath House
Located across the river from the Feather River Fish Hatchery, this Bath House was built by the WPA in the mid 1930s and contained showers and restrooms for swimmers and sunbathers.
“In December of 1937, a major flood took out the beach area, large trees and altered the river creating a dangerous undertow, making it no longer suitable for recreation. The Bath House was soon then abandoned.
In the fall of 1996, a group of community members gathered to clear the old bath house and in the process, decided to reclaim Orovilles first city park and make it into a Nature Center.”